The educational classes and workshops at Good Neighbor House are designed to promote, teach and encourage wellness and self-sustainability for various aspects of life. We collaborate with community partners and agencies to bring in resources and programs that will benefit our clients and patients. Through our Wellness Education Program, we offer a variety of classes that are geared toward educating our neighbors on how to create and live healthier lifestyles for themselves and their families.
While our neighbors are waiting to utilize our Human Services, they have the opportunity to further explore and learn more about diverse topics that will benefit them and their families.
Some of the health and wellness classes include:
- Cooking Demonstrations – Conducted by Licensed Dieticians and focuses on how to take food items that you might find in the Good Neighbor House Pantry and prepare them in healthy and tasty ways.
- Smoking Cessation Classes – Conducted by Public Health officials, this series encourages neighbors find the right tools and support they need to kick the smoking habit for good.
- Diabetes Education Classes – Conducted by License Dieticians from the nationally acclaimed Joslin Diabetes Center of Kettering Health Network. This monthly class offers detailed information and extensive support for neighbors and their families who are dealing with diabetes
- Oral Health Education – Teaches neighbors and families about the importance of oral health and how it affects and influences many other parts of the body and health
- Job Readiness Seminar – We have partnered with Ohio Means Jobs to offer this class on a monthly basis. A representative from the Job Center teaches interviewing techniques, dressing to impress, resume writing and skills building.
For more information about classes visit the events calendar on our webpage, call 937-224-3003 or send us a message here.